Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beyond The Mists of Time

Beyond the mists of time I hear a voice
Calling-out-to-me, from somewhere in the past
Now’s the time for me -- to make a choice
So-will-I-stay, or return again at last ----

The veil is lifted as I turn looking back
To-me-the-future and-the-past are intertwined
Going forward yet-I-know I’m going back
To-my-earliest beginnings, I feel such peace of mind

CHORUS
So far beyond the mists of time -----
I sense a glow- from somewhere in the past
And now------ I surely know ------
That-I-must-return-again--- at last
To-that-sacred place --- beyond the mists of time

Now I’m back again my future to explore
A figure fast approaches and-the-dawn-bells chime
No time to lose - I see beyond the door
Into that sacred place - beyond the mists of time

CHORUS
So far beyond the mists of time
I sense a glow from somewhere in the past
And now----- I surely know ------
That-I-must-return-again--- at last
To-that-sacred place --- beyond the mists of time


Consider the style and songs of Ayesha for this.
1st line of chorus, extend this, repeat, echo, or backing?


Copyright © Billy Ross 2009.
Contact: billyross@xtra.co.nz Put ‘songwriting’ in subject box please.
Int. Tel. No. 64-9-238-1495
Member of International Songwriters Ass. & APRA Australasian Performing Rights Ass.

No comments: