Thursday, April 24, 2008

You’re Winding Me Up

Every second – every minute – of the day
You’re winding me up now
You-say-you’re-goin’- but then you stay
Like a time-bomb in my head------
Ticking-on, Ticking-on, ticking-on

Bridge
In-a-second-you-were-gone
“Just a- minute”-you had said
We were goin’ to be wed--------
You were windin’ me up again!-----

Chorus
Just like a clock --you’re windin’me up now!---
Wish-that-you-were-in-my-arms
But-the-ticking-never-stops (4/6 beat extend)
Ticking on-ticking on- ticking on----
You’re windin’ me up- windin’ me up-windin’ me up!
You’re windin’ me up aga--------in!

Bridge
Like-a-time-bomb-in-my-head----
“Jus’a minute” you had said
We were goin’ to be wed------!
You were windin’ me up again------!

Chorus
Just like a clock -----you’re windin’ me up now!----
Wish-that-you-were-in-my-arms
But-the-ticking-never-stops (4/6 beat extend)
Ticking on-ticking on- ticking on----
You’re windin’ me up aga-----in!


Suggestions: ‘Windmills of My Mind’ style? But Rock/Pop. Beat (steady) as a ticking clock.
Bridge: Starting low and rising with each line, build up to Chorus.
Electronic guitar (?) to mimic the sound of a large wound up metallic spring breaking down, at the end + drums. Then after a moments silence, the ‘ticking’ starts again, and fades out.
This could be the finish OR build up again to another Chorus.

Copyright © Billy Ross 2009.
Contact: billyross@xtra.co.nz Put ‘songwriting’ in subject box please.
Int. Tel. No. 64-9-238-1495
Member of International Songwriters Ass. & APRA Australasian Performing rights Ass.

No comments: