Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Why Oh Why?

Why oh why?
Does my life seem such a lie
When I think of all the things that I’ve done
Me oh my
Seems no matter how I try
I may not reach the end and feel I’ve won

Chorus
Why oh why?
Do I need so many answers
To the problems I feel lie within
Why oh why—can’t I give them all away
An’ just start out all over again

Why oh why so many questions
Why oh why so many lies
All I’m wanting is to know what is true
Then I’ll really have the answers,
And know just what to do

Why----oh why----- With echo (?)




Copyright © William Ross 2008. Contact: billyross@xtra.co.nz
Int. Tel. No. 64-9-238-1495 Member of ISA and APRA.


NOTES/SUGGESTIONS:- Words inspired by Paul Simons 'The Boxer' (Li la li etc) Similar style of melody would work here.
Pause of 2 beats after first line of each verse and chorus i.e. ‘Why oh why’, ‘Me oh my’etc.
EXCEPT for last verse where 1st & 2nd lines may be better sung straight through and in quick
succession (change in tempo) followed on with third line and extend, before the last two lines for emphasis.
This could be sung changing the ‘I’ to ‘we’ making it more suitable for audience participation – wider appeal?

No comments: