Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ten-Ten ‘til We Do it Again

Drivin’ down the big slab
With my pedal to the metal
Got a station on the side comin’ thru,
Got your ears on baby
Says a real good lady,
My handle’s Jezabel, how do you do?

You’re comin’ thru loud and clear,
That’s a ten-two do you hear
This is Joker on the line, and holdin’ on,
Do you copy Jezabel?
You were comin’ thru just swell,
But now it seems you’ve gone a bit ten-one.

Chorus
Ten-ten ‘til we do it again, ten-ten ‘til we do it again
Ten-ten ‘til we do it again, ten-ten ---‘til we do it again!

Ten-four now Joker dear
This is Jezabel right here
What kinda wheels you pushin’ down the line?
I’m pushin’ big ones all the way
Got a lorry load of hay,
What type of wheels you got must just be fine!

Bendin’ my ears Joker man
Don’t you know jus’ where I am?
I’m arrivin’ at your back door at this time,
Little wheels beneath my feet
Fancy somethin’ good to eat?
There’s a bean-store comin’ up would do jus’ fine.

Chorus
Ten-ten ‘til we do it again, ten-ten ‘til we do it again
Ten-ten ‘til we do it again, ten-ten ---‘til we do it again!

Well now then Jezabel
That’s soundin’ pretty swell,
But I’ve gotta lot of slab to cover yet.
Got a green light ‘way ahead
And it’s time ah was in bed,
I sure am glad the way that we just met

(Chorus) Then signing off spoken: “Ten-four Joker – keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down”. “Goin’ breaker-break Jezabel - ten-ten ‘til we do it again”.


Copyright © Billy Ross 2008
Contact Info: billyross@xtra.co.nz Int. Tel. No. 64-9-238-1495
Member of ISA (International Songwriters Association) and APRA.

No comments: